I am who I am, if you don't like it, well I don't give a shit.

Saturday 17 March 2012

KONY 2012

Don't get me wrong, I am all for taking down that Kony dude, but I am not up to paying that douche bag who runs it. Did you know that when you pay him to find Kony, 30% of the money actually GOES towards capturing him? The other 70% goes towards Jason Russell, the founder of Invisible Children. Now, I know that he needs to be paid some how, but taking 70% of all donations is retarded.

My friends and I raise money for people in need. Last year, we raised $1000 towards Japan. How did we do it? We used our own money, not dipping into the donations, and bought baking supplies, had a bake sale, donated our own money and went around for hours collecting cans, which afterwards, we spent hours sorting through at the can place. We did every thing ourselves and didn't take any donated money.

We were going to do the Kony thing, but when we heard that he takes 70% and when we saw these:
Jason Russell
Disturbing (go to the actual video, just scroll down a bit. It's like 10 seconds)
We decided to do a different cause.

I am not saying that this fundraiser is a stupid thing. It's f*cking awesome what they are doing! But how they are doing it bugs me. If you haven't seen the video for Kony, here it is, along with other information::
Video
Information

Even though I think it's stupid how Jason Russell is, I am still going to donate some money to the cause, because, well the cause is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment