I am who I am, if you don't like it, well I don't give a shit.

Monday 19 March 2012

Kids these days.

This is a really big one, that a lot of people feel strongly about, especially me. I guess it'd be easier to start from younger, and work my way up, so, here we go:

We see little girls in grade 3 wearing mini- skirts, high heels and low-cut tops. Their faces are packed with make up, and they walk with their hips swaying and stuffed bras bouncing up and down. Not only does it repulse me, but I feel bad for them. I mean, you can only imagine how the rest of their lives will play out if they keep it that way.

It isn't all their fault, I mean what an example we have set for them. They see 13 year olds smoking and drinking, and they know that they are only a few years behind. When I saw movies about people doing things to be "cool" they were never true, but now those scripts have become a horrible reality. Every party has drinking and pot. Aren't our parents proud?

I know some one in grade 7, so she is 12, and she cuts herself because she has already had sex. 12 years old and not a virgin any more.. It's just sad. When I was younger, I thought sex was that thing grown ups did when they really wanted a baby, now it's the fun before the mistake, and it is plain retarded. Girls are pressured to do it, and boys are beaten down if they haven't.

I am terrified to grow up. Not because real life will come, but the teenage life will. The parties and the drinking and the sex. I know that I will be pressured to do things I don't want to do, and I know that it will ruin who I am today. Life is supposed to be fun, but will it really be if we are too stoned to remember it? Or too drunk, or too busy having sex around every corner?

And I am sorry, but when our great-great grandparents are watching us, they are probably disgusted. I don't think that this is what any one intended on life being like, and I am sure as hell not going to live it like that.

2 comments:

  1. I think that when it comes to being older, you are more in control of your life and have better judgement to decide which is the right and wrong crowd to roll with. Your life wont necessarily be ruined as long as you remain in control. I'm 23, never touched drugs and I rarely drink. Sadly, a lot of people would see this as boring but I don't enjoy life any less. I just choose to live it without needing the aid of drugs and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete