I am who I am, if you don't like it, well I don't give a shit.

Monday 14 May 2012

My Religious Beliefs

Simple:

I believe in God. He gives me hope and dreams and love. But am I sceptical? Sure. There is no way to prove that God, Heaven and Hell all exist until we die. No matter what any heavy believers might say, no matter how many times a bible has been thrown at me, I still haven't seen actual proof. Yeah, I've seen evidence, but that's different.

Like, I've also seen proof that we didn't all come from God, Adam and Eve. The fact that we have a tail-bone says that we evolved from monkeys, so where does Adam magically being made fit in to that? And how the earth was formed. Then again, where in the fuck did all this shit come from? We have two opposing sides, both with equally good information.

But, yes. I believe in God. Do I believe in every thing? No. For example: Do I believe in sins? No.

Sure, we have right and wrong, yes and no. But I don't believe that some things will get us sent to hell. Because we all lie. Don't deny it, because you do it. Simply saying "I'm fine," "You look good" or "I'm coming" when you don't believe it, is a lie, which equals a sin. How is that fair?

Also, a big one. Being gay. I don't believe that one certain sexual preference gives you a nice trip to the flames. It's a life style, a way to live; to make yourself happy. Are people really going to hell because they want to be happy? When you say that being gay is bad and ban it, that doesn't just effect adults any more. Young kids who are struggling see that they have no support and often end up with suicide.

So I don't think that something would be "banned" in the eyes of God if it meant a young child killing themselves; also another 'sin.'

All in all: I believe in God, but not in sins.

Please don't email me giving me proof that there is a God, I wont read it. Please don't be offended. And no snide remarks about big sins, because of course if some one kills another person, I think they wont be entering the clouds. All of this is in a view of a 14 year old, so don't take it so seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment